Wednesday, August 6, 2008

No regular John

G'day Rolls,

You can't possibly have a credible blog about loose tunes without paying tribute to the voice of desert rock, John Garcia. I fondly recall a childhood spent rolling around on my skateboard, sippin' Slurpees and smashing bootlegged Kyuss cassettes on the ol' walkman.  Thems certainly were the days.

So, in the spirit of long necks and sticky index fingers, I thought I'd list my ten favourite Johnny G moments, spanning a few of the deadly rad bands he's lent his chops to. Here goes:

10. Our Desert Home - Hermano
9.  Fatso Forgotso - Kyuss 
8.  Un Sandpiper - Kyuss
7.  The Prizefighter - Slo Burn
6.  Exam Room - Hermano
5.  If Only Two - Unida
4.  Conan Troutman - Kyuss
3.  Cain - Unida
2.  Freedom Run - Kyuss

And number one:




No comments: